[XeTeX] from teTeX-3.0 to TeXLive 2007

Cyril Niklaus cyril.niklaus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 03:16:16 CEST 2007

On 20 août 07, at 09:33, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 8/20/07, Cyril Niklaus <cyril.niklaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> It is a fontspec issue, isn't it? Since the document does not specify
>> by name any fonts, the substitution font gets called, but doesn't
>> work with xdv2pdf.
>
> Yes, it is foolish to use the OT1 encoded Computer Modern fonts with
> XeTeX.

I agree! For me, the first reason to use XeTeX is Unicode, but to be
able to *easily*[1] use fonts is a very close second. And therefore
I've yet to produce a XeLaTeX document without specifying the fonts I
want.
Which I guess is true for the majority of us, therefore no one
noticed that problem until now.

Cyril

[1] thank you thank you thank you!