[XeTeX] from teTeX-3.0 to TeXLive 2007

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Mon Aug 20 00:59:14 CEST 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:28:25 +0100
Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:

> On 19 Aug 2007, at 4:31 pm, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>
> > Will Robertson wrote:

> >> This doesn't sound like a fontspec issue -- are you sure that it's
> >> not a new version of XeTeX or something? Post a minimal example if
> >> you can.
> >
> > Thanks, Will, for the answer.
> >
> > Here you have the minimal example:
> >
> > \documentclass{book}
> > \usepackage{fontspec}
> > \begin{document}
> > Anne{}-Marie Anne-Marie
> > \end{document}
> >
> > The issue might be generated by fontspec, because everything is
> > right when fontspec is removed from source.
>
> The issue isn't fontspec, it's the use of an OpenType (or similar)
> font rather than a TFM. You can show the same problem in plain XeTeX.
>
> Offhand, it looks like a bug to me. I wonder how this escaped notice
> so long?!

Hm, the above example works correctly for me with unaltered TL-2007 (and
XeTeX-996) -- please see the attachment (anne-marie-xetex-996.png).

But it doesn't work as it should (it produces two dashes) with
XeTeX-dev.

What could be the reason? Should I send you logs to compare them with
yours?

Nikola Lečić