[XeTeX] Newbie Alert: EPS to PDF question

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Aug 15 21:09:09 CEST 2007

Le 15 août 07 à 15:57, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> On Aug 15, 2007, at 8:36 AM, Kate Hayes wrote:
>
>> I'm faced with having to convert hundreds of graphic files from EPS
>> to PDF
>> so I can use XeTeX (which I need for the hundreds of fonts we use).
>> Short of
>> writing a script or just doing it manually (groan), am I perhaps
>> missing
>> something in the documentation about XeTeX's converting them
>> automatically?
>
> Take groups of the eps files and drop them onto TeXShop. It will
> automatically do the conversion for you. I say groups because TeXShop
> will also display them after processing.

Assuming your OS is Mac OS X, you should have three EPS-to-PDF
command-line utilities installed: /usr/texbin/epstopdf (installed
with TeX), /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf (installed with GhostScript) and /
usr/bin/pstopdf (Apple's distiller, part of OS X).

Operated via the apply command, it should be possible to operate them
on the whole content of a directory, as in

	apply epstopdf *.eps

or

	apply pstopdf *.eps

I might be possible to make apply operate recursively on all
subdirectories of a given directory, but that's beyond my meager
command-line abilities.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin