[XeTeX] tikz incompatible with xcolor's option dvipsnames ?

Manuel Souto Pico m.soutopico at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:02:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thank you so much for your answers!

2007/8/3, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de>:
> Please notice that you need to tell at least some LaTeX packages that
> XeLaTeX is preparing XDV output for xdvipdfmx by adding to the
> options of the cited line ``,dvipdfm´´!

Ok, it works now, with this line:
\documentclass[a4paper,10pt,oneside,dvipdfm]{report}

> OTOH why do you use dvips names when you're working outside dvips?
> What's wrong with HTML or SVG names?

I did this the best way I could find :( I didnt know I was "working
outside dvips" or that I could use html or svg names for colors.

2007/8/4, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org>:
> I believe the problem is that PGF (the graphics layer below TiKZ)
> doesn't recognize xetex automatically. Your example works for me if I
> add the line

       \def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-dvipdfm.def}

 > before loading the TiKZ package; this explicitly sets the driver for it.

This didn't work for me.

 > I tried this using TeX Live; since the TL release, PGF has been
 > updated and the latest release should work automatically with xetex.
 > So another option would be to update your packages.

I think I've got pgf's latest version (1.18).

 > (I also note that you're running an older release of xetex, and have
 > a number of packages installed in a local texmf tree; it may be that
 > updating to a newer distribution overall would be worthwhile.)

I switched to Mac and MacTex not long ago and still I don't know very
well how to update tex packages. When I used ubuntu, synaptic (or
apt-get) made things really easy. Any suggestion as to how I should
update to xetex 0.006? It must be very obvious because I haven't found
any reference to it on the web...

I'll be equally grateful for a suggested reading instead of an explanation.

Best regards, Manuel