[XeTeX] Interaction between ArabXeTeX and babel

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Mon Apr 30 17:05:12 CEST 2007

Rémy Oudompheng a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> When using ArabXeTeX and babel simultaneously, ArabXeTeX complains during
> compilation dhen trying to define \textlatin. Changing the corresponding
> "newcommand" into "renewcommand" fixes this.
>
> Is this intentional or is there a right way to do ?

This is not really intentional, as I had not noticed that there was such
a command in Babel. The right way to do would be of course *not* to use
Babel ;-) ... or to wait until "we" release the XeTeX-specific
alternative to Babel (see the long thread on this ML starting last week.
But I agree that both possibilities are not really helpful. In the next
release I shall use \renewcommand and issue a warning in case babel is
already loaded.

Thanks for pointing that out.

François