[XeTeX] Wanted: full bibliographic citation package

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Apr 29 10:26:53 CEST 2007

> On 29/04/2007, at 16:43 , Thomas Thackery wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a full-bibliographic package that functions in
> > a similar way to natbib, except that one can include more data that
> > the vague (Author Date) system?
>
> I can highly recommend the biblatex package. It is, without
> exception, superior to every other bibtex interface package that I've
> looked at. It supports more metadata, more citation formats, and has
> a highly customisable bibliography format. It can also do per section/
> chapter bibliographies, as well as "keyword" bibliographies, where
> only cited references that contain certain keywords are included.
>
> You can find it on CTAN; I wouldn't worry that it's not yet at
> version 1 :)
>    <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/
> biblatex.html>
>
> Will

I can only second this. Forget every other bibtex style there is,
biblatex makes them all superfluous. It gets rid of most of bibtex's
'natural' limitations and is very flexible. With some basic LaTeX
knowledge you can easily costumize your personal citation style.

simon

--
Dr. des. Simon Spiegel
EDV-Koordinator

Seminar für Filmwissenschaft
Plattenstrasse 54
CH-8032 Zürich
+41 44 634 35 37
www.film.unizh.ch

Büro: Wilfriedstrasse 6, Raum 006, +41 44 634 35 06