[XeTeX] ArabXeTeX Kurdish input problem

Christoph Unger christoph-kuelvi_unger at sil.org
Fri Apr 27 17:07:46 CEST 2007

Christoph Unger wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to write some Kurdish text (Behdini dialect) using ArabXeTeX
> 1.0, but I have a problem in that I don't seem to be able to get Unicode
> character 0698. This is a very important character, but when I type 'j',
> it just outputs the latin character 'j' (not even U+062C as the table in
> the manual shows; typing 'c' typesets U+062C, as it should, so this is
> OK). Everything else seems to work as it should.

I am sorry to say that this is not quite so: typing 'w' gets U+06CB (as
in Uighur, according to the table) instead of U+0648. When 'w' occurs
wordinternally, typing 'u' could be a work-around, but for word initial
'w' typing 'u' would add a hamza in front, which is not correct.

Is there a way that the user could tweak the input mappings?

Best,
Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Unger