[XeTeX] "new-babel", was: Ancient Greek hyphenation

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Apr 27 13:29:12 CEST 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 8:27 PM, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:

> Am 25.04.2007 um 17:58 schrieb Jonathan Kew:
>
>> On 25 Apr 2007, at 8:11 am, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
>>
>>> I will go for polyglossia.
>>
>> You guys are all far too serious.... can't we simply call it
>> "babble"? :)
>
> »babble« is great! (I thought to plead for multilang, but babble is
> far better!)

While I agree from a humour and written aspect, it's not so great
from a verbal / presentation aspect --- who wants to have every usage
of the words ``babel'' and ``babble'' disambiguated at every TeX
User's Group presentation from now through when ``babel'' is
discontinued.

polyglossia gets my vote.

William

--