[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx broken on Windows Vista?

caapv 208 caapv208 at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Apr 25 07:48:19 CEST 2007

I wrote:

> This is a useful info!  xdvipdfmx accepts 3 ways of
[snip]

I apology for the inaccuracy.  I should have read
dvipdfm.def and spc_dvips.c more carefully.  Anyway
I'm glad PDF/EPS inclusion is fixed in xdvipdfmx.

Toralf Senger wrote:

> I can not use the option [xetex] for calling the
graphics package, since I
> make heavy use of clipping (which xetex.def does not
provide).

A temporary workaround is to use either PSTricks or
PGF/TikZ.  Either

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx,pstricks}
\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture*}(4,4)(12,12)
\rput[lb](0,0){\includegraphics{tiger.pdf}}
\end{pspicture*}
\end{document}

or

\documentclass{article}
%\newcommand{\pgfsysdriver}{pgfsys-dvipdfm.def}
\usepackage{graphicx,tikz}
\begin{document}
\begin{tikzpicture}
\clip (4,4) rectangle (12,12);
\node[inner sep=0mm,anchor=south west] at (0,0)
{\includegraphics{tiger.pdf}};
\end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

should work.  Of course the proper fix must be made
in xetex.def but I don't know whether xdv2pdf supports
clipping or not.

Regards,
SMiyata