[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx broken on Windows Vista?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Apr 23 18:14:08 CEST 2007

On 23 Apr 2007, at 4:09 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> First, xdvipdfmx is installed in /usr/local/bin, whereas TeXlive has
> it in /usr/texbin. Given /usr/texbin was before /usr/local/bin in
> PATH on my setup, I had first to make sure /usr/local/bin/xdvipdfmx
> was used. I tried putting /usr/local/bin first in the path, and also
> creating a symlink of /usr/local/bin/xdvipdfmx inside /usr/texbin.
>
> But that's not enough: I get a complaint about a missing texmf.cnf

This is because the binary (in common with many others in the TeX
world) looks for texmf.cnf relative to its own location (see the list
of paths where it said it had searched).

What I think you want to do is install the newly-built xdvipdfmx
into /usr/texbin in place of TeX Live's. Then it will find the same
configuration that the original TL binary was using.