[XeTeX] "new-babel", was: Ancient Greek hyphenation

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:18:55 CEST 2007

On 4/23/07, François Charette <firmicus at ankabut.net> wrote:
> Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
> >
> > I am sure we can come up with a name, maybe polyglotta...
>
> Nice! But I would opt for *polyglossia*. Or perhaps (for the latinists):
> multiloquus or linguosus (meaning prolix, loquacious)? ... OK, I'm not
> serious here :-) Let's keep that discussion aside until "we" (whatever
> that means) come up with a real "post-babel" package.

On the contrary, I think choosing a name early will help us avoid
calling it "xbabel" without thinking about it.

The more I think about it, though, the more I like the idea of
adapting mem or antomega to suit our purposes. Looking *very* briefly,
I like the look of mem slightly more due to its incorporation already
of modules for breaking up functionality (strings vs. languages vs.
dates) and how it allows for macros, etc., that differ with language.

I think it would be a *bad idea* to run into this project without
making sure that one of these packages isn't what we want already.

I'll try and get hold of Javier Bezos again to see what his movements
are regarding mem.

Will