[XeTeX] OT: CLI tool to query a font for designer, trademark and other information

Arnošt Štědrý stedry.arnost at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:54:09 CEST 2007

mayby otfinfo from: http://www.lcdf.org/type/

otfinfo --help
'Otfinfo' reports information about an OpenType font to standard output.
Options specify what information to print.

Usage: otfinfo [-sfzpg] [OTFFILES...]

Query options:
  -s, --scripts                Report font's supported scripts.
  -f, --features               Report font's GSUB/GPOS features.
  -z, --optical-size           Report font's optical size information.
  -p, --postscript-name        Report font's PostScript name.
  -a, --family                 Report font's family name.
  -v, --font-version           Report font's version information.
  -i, --info                   Report font's names and designer/vendor info.
  -g, --glyphs                 Report font's glyph names.
  -t, --tables                 Report font's OpenType tables.

Other options:
      --script=SCRIPT[.LANG]   Set script used for --features [latn].
  -V, --verbose                Print progress information to standard error.
  -h, --help                   Print this message and exit.
  -q, --quiet                  Do not generate any error messages.
      --version                Print version number and exit.

arnost

On 4/19/07, William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com> wrote:

> Is there such a thing?
>
> I've been searching and not finding anything (fontforge seemed the
> obvious thing, but it doesn't seem to expose these fields).
>
> Failing that, would it be feasible to have XeTeX do so? (say have a
> command \xetexfontdesigner which queries the font file information
> and provides the contents of the designer field if present)
>
> The alternative I'm seeing is to use ttx to make an xml file and then
> crunch on that....
>
> William
> (who is finally back to work on his typespec/font sample presentation)
> --
> William Adams
> senior graphic designer
> Fry Communications
>

> This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
> which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
> not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
> action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
> method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
> corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
> affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
> the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
> as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
> please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.

Arnost Stedry