[XeTeX] [OS X TeX] XeTeX and pdfpages: no dice?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Apr 13 10:35:10 CEST 2007

Le 13 avr. 07 à 10:18, Luis Sequeira a écrit :

> I also contacted the author of pdfpages, Andreas Matthias,
> inquiring as to the possibility of including support for XeLaTeX.
> He replied almost immediately and seemed really interested in it,
> so I am hopeful that support will indeed come.

Did you also point Andreas Matthias to the more technical answer made
on the XeTeX mailing list <http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2007-April/
006149.html>, which I forwarded yesterday?

If I interpret correctly that part of the answer:

> Le 12 avr. 07 à 14:13, caapv 208 a écrit :
>
> [...]
>
> All you need are there as long as drivers are concerned.
> Unfortunately it is not the whole story, however.
> See the 2nd entry of
> http://scripts.sil.org/svn-view/xetex/TRUNK/TODO?r1=443&r2=450
> and consider why Jonathan wrote this :)

then this means that XeTeX's way of handling PDF files is prone to
change in the future, with the planned introduction of one control
sequence \XeTeXpdffilepages on the TODO list. I imagine this control
sequence would allow the inclusion of selected pages of a PDF file.

Bruno Voisin