[XeTeX] fontspec and XeTeX svn rev. 375

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 16:30:59 CEST 2006

On 28/09/2006, at 21:43 , Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> I guess this is because my teTeX distribution doesn't have the Latin
> Modern fonts installed, isn't it? (Wouldn't be a way to switch it
> off?)
>
> BTW, this issue has the side effect that I cannot use fontspec without
> setting all font families (roman, mono, sans) that I will use on the
> document.

I took the gamble that people wouldn't run into this problem.
Guess it didn't pay off :(

Maybe consider why you would want to be using the non-unicode
Computer Modern
fonts within the XeTeX/fontspec system. All it takes to install the
LM fonts is
to put the contents of
   <http://tug.org/tex-archive/fonts/lm/fonts/opentype/public/lm/>
in your local texmf tree at
   fonts/opentype/public/lm/
and run texhash...

The whole LM collection can be obtained here, which might be easier:
   <ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/fonts/lm.zip>

> In previous versions of fontspec (or XeTeX, I don't know), this worked
> fine. But in the lastest version, the special indentation in footnote
> doesn't work if \usepackage{fontspec} is not placed after
> \makeatother.
> I don't know whether this is caused by a bug (although it took me some
> time to discover what caused the error).

I can't reproduce that here, but I'm still on XeTeX 0.995.

Will