[XeTeX] fontspec and XeTeX svn rev. 375

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Thu Sep 28 14:13:06 CEST 2006

I have just downloaded the rev. 375 of XeTeX and I get this warning if I
invoke fontspec:

(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/xelatex/euenc/lm/eu1lmr.fd)
! Font EU1/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular] at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric
(TFM)
file or installed font not found.
<to be read again>
                   relax
l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

I guess this is because my teTeX distribution doesn't have the Latin
Modern fonts installed, isn't it? (Wouldn't be a way to switch it off?)

BTW, this issue has the side effect that I cannot use fontspec without
setting all font families (roman, mono, sans) that I will use on the
document.

I experience other error that must be caused by changes in fontspec.

\documentclass{book}

\usepackage[bottom,norule,stable,multiple]{footmisc}
\usepackage{fontspec}

\makeatletter
\newlength\footmarksep
\setlength\footmarksep{0.75em}
\let\footfootmark\@makefnmark
\renewcommand\footfootmark{\hbox{\normalfont\@thefnmark}}
\long\def\@makefntext#1{%
    \bgroup
    \setbox\@tempboxa\hbox{\footfootmark\hskip\footmarksep}%
    \leftmargin\wd\@tempboxa
    \rightmargin\z@
    \linewidth \columnwidth
    \advance \linewidth -\leftmargin
    \parshape \@ne \leftmargin \linewidth
    \footnotesize
    \parskip\hangfootparskip\relax
    \parindent\hangfootparindent\relax
    \@setpar{{\@@par}}%
    \leavevmode
    \llap{\box\@tempboxa}%
    \footnotelayout#1%
    \par\egroup
}
\makeatother

\setromanfont{Junicode}

\begin{document}
Text\footnote{This is a footnote.}.
\end{document}

In previous versions of fontspec (or XeTeX, I don't know), this worked
fine. But in the lastest version, the special indentation in footnote
doesn't work if \usepackage{fontspec} is not placed after \makeatother.
I don't know whether this is caused by a bug (although it took me some
time to discover what caused the error).

I hope it helps,

Pablo