[XeTeX] First four characters dropped?

Nick Soban nanodrip at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 05:30:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm new to XeTeX and LaTeX in general and so far it's been pretty
smooth sailing. I installed XeTeX 0.95 using the i-Installer and have
only one real problem. When I typeset a document using the default cmr
font the first four characters on the page will be dropped after the
text gets beyond a certain length (approximately over 1200
characters). If I change
the font to one of the built in OS X fonts there's absolutely no
problem. I'd really like to get the default to work, if for no other
reason than I can't run any documents using XeTeX without changing the
default font. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have a work
around?

If it helps to know, I'm doing everything through TeXShop and I've
tried both the Apple and Ghostscript distillers.

Thanks, Nick