[XeTeX] local forms

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Fri Sep 22 20:44:35 CEST 2006

Adam Twardoch wrote:
> Pablo,
>
> It is a bug in the font. The font should define those substitutions only
> in the math:dflt context, not in the latn:dflt. In a correctly formed
> font, the lookup that substitutes Greek textual forms with Greek
> mathematical forms should be associated with the following features:
>
> script=math language=dflt feature=locl
> script=grek language=dflt feature=mgrk
>
> In addition, the font *may* associate the lookups with the features:
> script=math language=dflt feature=mgrk
> script=latn language=dflt feature=mgrk
>
> But certainly not
> script=latn language=dflt feature=locl
>
> This is clearly a bug in the font.

Thanks for your explanation, Adam. But I'm afraid I don't understand the
issue here.

I cannot find any script tag called math
(http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_tag1.html),
but only as a baseline tag
(http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_tag4.html).
Is math also an script? (Sorry for the obvious question, but I'm no
OpenType expert at all and the specification seems not to confirm this.)

Pablo