[XeTeX] inconsistant kerning

Steve Grathwohl sgrathwohl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 18:15:57 CEST 2006

On 9/22/06, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:

> > On 21 Sep 2006, at 5:41 pm, Florian Grammel wrote:
> >
> >> Dear list,
> >>
> >> a house-font of ours sometimes seemed to forget *some* kerning
> >> information when typesetting with XeLaTeX. I suspected this to be a
> >> problem with the font and tried to fiddle around with it, but without
> >> any results.

<snip>

The latest code in Subversion (rev. 369) should fix this bug, for any
> who care to build a new executable; this will be included in the next
> release.
>
> JK

OK, speaking of Juncode...

if I say

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setromanfont{Junicode}

\begin{document}
\textsc{first}
\end{document}

I get fiRST; that is, lowercase fi lig then smallcap RST. What's going on
here? I haven't seen this behavior in any other font.

For the record, my XeTeX is getting a bit gamey (version .995 for Windows,
grabbed late July; will upgrade RSN).

Steve

Steve Grathwohl || Digital Content Developer
Duke University Press Journals || +1 919 687 3634
905 W Main St || Durham, NC 27701 USA
sgrathwohl at dukeupress.edu