[XeTeX] local forms

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Sep 22 16:21:08 CEST 2006

Pablo Rodríguez <oinos at web.de> writes:

> I'm not sure whether it is possible to define these locl substitutions
> for the math, since it is only a baseline script.

???

> Probably the correct tag for this GSUB routines would be mgrk
> (http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_tag7.html#mgrk)
> instead of locl. I will report this to the font developer).

I have meanwhile looked at the font. The glyphs that are substituted are
named beta.ipa etc. And at least beta.ipa is of the typical IPA form
with a serif at the descender, which I wouldn't like to use for
mathematics. AFAIK there is no defined language/script tag for IPA,
though various fonts from SIL use script=latn, language=IPA.

cheerio
ralf