[XeTeX] Multiple Master: Kepler

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Sep 15 08:57:07 CEST 2006

On 15 Sep 2006, at 3:56 am, Michael Zedler wrote:

> ok, I'll use the tfm/vf that fontinst generated together with pfb
> generated through mmpfb.
> It works with latex+dvips+ps2pdf/pdflatex, but using xelatex I get
>
> *** font pkpr9d1000 not found in psfonts.map or host system; will
> substitute Helvetica glyphs

This message is specifically from xdv2pdf....

>> no matter if I use '-output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E"' or not.

...and can't occur with xdvipdfmx (which would behave differently if
a font cannot be found).

> no matter if I use '-output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E"' or not. Are
> virtual fonts not supported?

Not in xdv2pdf, but they are in xdvipdfmx. The error above indicates
that you were not successfully calling that driver; I'm not sure why
this would be.

You could try running xetex and xdvipdfmx as two separate steps, just
to make really sure:

   xelatex -no-pdf myfile.tex
   xdvipdfmx -E myfile.xd

Oh, one possible problem for xdvipdfmx would be if your dvipdfm.map
has a "bad" entry for HoeflerTextOrnaments, created (erroneously) by
the gtamacfonts package that's included in the TeX i-Package. If you
get an error message about this, simply comment out the line in
the .map file.