[XeTeX] Multiple Master: Kepler

Michael Zedler michael.zedler at tum.de
Fri Sep 15 04:56:21 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew schrieb:
> On 14 Sep 2006, at 10:56 pm, Michael Zedler wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Kew schrieb:

>>> IF you're using XeTeX on Mac OS X, with the xdv2pdf output driver;
>> Indeed, I do. If I follow the procedure that you outlined, would this
>> give support for the expert font, too?
>
> No. Sorry to disappoint you! I'm afraid there's nothing xetex can do
> to "magically" associate the regular and expert fonts; they are two
> entirely separate typefaces, and xetex knows of no relationship
> between them.

ok, I'll use the tfm/vf that fontinst generated together with pfb
generated through mmpfb.
It works with latex+dvips+ps2pdf/pdflatex, but using xelatex I get

*** font pkpr9d1000 not found in psfonts.map or host system; will
substitute Helvetica glyphs

no matter if I use '-output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E"' or not. Are
virtual fonts not supported?

Best,
Michael