[XeTeX] Fontspec question

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 01:09:04 CEST 2006

On 08/09/2006, at 0:17 , <jropers at freesurf.fr> <jropers at freesurf.fr>
wrote:

>> From the manual, I try to define the Bold variant font for the
>> small caps :
>
> \fontspec[BoldFeatures={SmallCapsFont={MetaBold-Caps}}]
> {MetaNormal-Roman}
>
> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text,Scale=1,SmallCapsFont = {MetaNormal-
> Caps},BoldItalicFont={MetaBold-Italic},BoldFont={MetaBold-
> Roman},ItalicFont=
> {MetaNormal-Italic}]{MetaNormal-Roman}
>
> It compiles ok with the above commands, but unfortunately the document
> still does not switch to the bold form ("\scshape xxx \bfseries yyy")
> for 'yyy'.

Hmmm, it looks like the first command should have done what you want,
but not the second.
This works for me:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\fontspec[BoldFeatures={SmallCapsFont=Arial}]{Times}
times times \bfseries bold times \scshape a specific small caps font
\end{document}

Perhaps you make sure that if you're specifying the upright small
caps font, it's better to put it in [UprightFeatures{SmallCapsFont={}}].

Cheers,

Will