[XeTeX] Greek Unicode fonts for (Xe)TeX use

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Wed Sep 6 09:35:14 CEST 2006

Am 04.09.2006 um 14:12 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:

> Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
>> Am 31.08.2006 um 13:25 schrieb Malte Rosenau:
>>
>>> One should note that this list doesn't say anything about the
>>> typesetting quality of the fonts, which may vary greatly. Apart
>>> from the commercial ones (Palatino, Minion Pro, etc.) only the GFS
>>> Fonts and Gentium were professionally designed and even those have
>>> all sorts problems.
>>
>> Could you please give us some hints which these problems are (apart
>> from the obvious as missing glyphs)? Do you think one should rather
>> avoid using these fonts?
>
> Commercial fonts have also problems.

OK, but I'm also interested in the free fonts we have in this list in
the other thread – if we think about to put up a webpage with this
list, I think it would be fair to tell people about flaws in those
fonts.

Malte, you brought up this subject, were you thinking of something
special or was it more a general suspicion concerning free fonts in
general?

Thanks,
joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Germanistisches Seminar   Tel.: 0228-737565
der Universität Bonn      Fax: 0228-737479
Am Hof 1d, 53113 Bonn     www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de