[XeTeX] strange problem when rendering

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Sep 5 15:02:46 CEST 2006

On 5 Sep 2006, at 1:54 pm, Cyril wrote:

> While rendering some text, I'm getting strange test added to the
> document.
> (o).fd Text (o).fd comes up when I write \={o}, but only on the
> first one of the document.
> Where does that come from?

I've never really understood this, but I think updating to the
current version of fontspec.sty should fix it; this was a problem in
some earlier releases.

still recommend updating to the newest packages). If you're using
traditional LaTeX commands for accents and other non-ASCII
characters, you should load xunicode anyway in order to handle these
properly.

> For example here:
> %&program=xelatex
> %&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode

By the way (unrelated to the current problem), these lines are an
obsolete/deprecated form; the current version would be:

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

HTH,