[XeTeX] Display quality of fonts

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Thu Oct 26 14:12:10 CEST 2006

2006/10/26, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de>:
> In my opinion this file, produced on the Mac with Apple's Quartz
> PDFContext (i.e with XeTeX's xdv2pdf), is faulty – as are probably
> all other fontspec documents produced on Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4.x),
> because when produced on Tiger xpdf and pdffonts report these errors.

I certainly seems so.
Tested with fontspec.pdf from CTAN on SUSE 10.1:
- xpdf 3.01 crashes on page 4, bt indicates freetype 2.1.10
- kpdf 0.5.1 and evince 0.4.0 crash on startup
- gs 8.15.1 crashes on page 1
- podofobrowser crashes with 11 ePdfError_NoObject
- AR 7.0.8 has no problems

But after mangling fontspec.pdf through pdftex 1.40 (with pdfpages)
everything's fine (although gs still crashes, but 8.15.1 is simply to
old). :-)

Best
   Martin