[XeTeX] Experiences with XeTeX on Debian Sarge and Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Oct 25 14:11:47 CEST 2006

Le 25 oct. 06 à 13:42, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> [...]
>
> which is quite the same situation as in /usr/local/teTeX/share/
> texmf.local/doc/xetex:
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 pete  admin  206289 13 Aug 18:42 XeTeX-reference.pdf
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 pete  admin      19 25 Okt 00:51 xetexref.pdf -> XeTeX-
> reference.pdf
>
> (I wonder why they're not owned by "admin," my software installer
> account)
>
> Last night I missed a train due to rain so I updated XeTeX via svn
> (and also my i-Packages). So my guess is that the tape archives (tar
> files) with the XeTeX sources are not correct. Which would explain
> why xpdf and Adobe Reader fail on this Mac OS X file alias? What do
> you have in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/doc/xetex or where
> ever the XeTeX documentation is stored (XeTeX-notes, fontspec,
> fontspec-example, XeTeX-samples directory)?

theo8mc233:/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/doc/xetex bvoisin$ ls -l
total 416
-rw-r--r--   1 bvoisin  admin  206289 Aug 13 18:42 XeTeX-reference.pdf
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root     admin      19 Oct 11 09:56 xetexref.pdf ->
XeTeX-reference.pdf

The difference in ownership is caused, I suppose, by the fact that I
installed XeTeX via the Apple Installer's .pkg package, not via the i-
Installer's .ii2 i-Package.

Bruno