[XeTeX] Experiences with XeTeX on Debian Sarge and Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Oct 24 17:53:42 CEST 2006

Am 24.10.2006 um 17:11 schrieb Christoph Bier:

> Searching for "driver" in xetexref.log results in:

I think you should look for (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/
xelatex/)geometry.cfg and (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/
xelatex/graphics/)graphics.cfg and (/usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.local/tex/xelatex/graphics/)xetex.def. And there's also a (/usr/
local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/xelatex/graphics/)color.cfg file.

When I mentioned "driver" I did not mean it literally, but the
"mechanism" to convert from TeX to PDF, directly or by some
successive approximation. That's when the CFG files come in. Finding
out from the LOG file which CFG and DEF files where actually found by
XeTeX you could have been able to find that the non-XeTeX versions
were found and used. And these two are definitely wrong:

> 79:Package graphics Info: Driver file: dvips.def on input line 90.
> 82:File: dvips.def 1999/02/16 v3.0i Driver-dependant file (DPC,SPQR)

And this leads to:

> 181:*hyperref using default driver hdvips*
> 183:File: hdvips.def 2003/11/30 v6.74m Hyperref driver for dvips

Since LOG file line #79 contains the key word "graphics" it's likely
that you have no files in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/
xelatex/graphics, or alike, or that your texmf.cnf file(s) miss to
add search paths for XeTeX or you have some environment variables set
that misguide XeTeX – what's not /so/ likely, because you managed
already to create POOL and FMT files (but the scripts doing that job
can have other environment variables)! I.e. you need to make XeTeX
find the xelatex/graphics/graphics.cfg file.

Hyperref has native support for dvipfm/dvipfmx/xdvipdfmx.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Bake Pizza not war!