[XeTeX] Experiences with XeTeX on Debian Sarge and Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at latex-project.org
Tue Oct 24 14:27:06 CEST 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:17:38 +0200, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org>
wrote:

> This was because url.sty contains (or contained) 8-bit characters
> that cause it to fail when read as UTF-8 by xetex. So the version in
> the xetex package has the 8-bit chars replaced by ^^xx sequences.
> I've reported this issue to the author, but haven't checked the
> status recently. If nothing else, we should update xetex's copy to a
> Unicode-safe copy of the latest url.sty.

The latest url.sty still contains stuff like

\@namedef{Url at OT1encSpecials}{%
   \do\Œ{\mathchar"3E }\do\œ{\mathchar"1B }\do\ß{\mathchar"19 }%
   \do\~{\lower.45ex\hbox{\m at th$\mathchar126$}}% For tt style
   % lots more to add, but I should later link into inputenc
   \Url at OTnonTT % more for any but typewriter
   }

--
Morten