[XeTeX] An example of the use of \x="[filename]"

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Oct 16 13:49:53 CEST 2006

On Aug 17, 2006, at 5:17 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> The ~ is unlikely to work here; expanding ~ to your home directory is
> normally a function of the shell, and the name you give here is not
> handled by a shell, it's used directly as a file path. So try:
>
> \font\x="[/Users/stephenmoye/Desktop/Atlas/AtlasIta]" at 12pt \x
>
> (substituting your correct user name, of course).

Was the fontspec code for this changed recently?

I could've sworn that I had this working with:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\setromanfont{"[C:/Resources/Fonts/Linotype/Kalligraphia/
KalligraphiaLTStd.otf]"}
Test
\end{document}

But now it seems not to work since a recent upgrade (this is of
course using w32tex in Windows 2000):

LaTeX Font Info:    Redeclaring symbol font `operators' on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Encoding `OT1' has changed to `EU1' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `normal' on input
line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `operators' in version
`normal'
(Font)                  OT1/cmr/m/n --> EU1/cmr/m/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Encoding `OT1' has changed to `EU1' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `bold' on input
line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `operators' in version
`bold'
(Font)                  OT1/cmr/bx/n --> EU1/cmr/m/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `operators' in version
`normal'
(Font)                  EU1/cmr/m/n --> EU1/cmr/m/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathrm' in version
`normal'
(Font)                  EU1/cmr/m/n --> EU1/cmr/m/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathit' in version
`normal'
(Font)                  OT1/cmr/m/it --> EU1/cmr/m/it on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathbf' in version
`normal'
(Font)                  OT1/cmr/bx/n --> EU1/cmr/bx/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathsf' in version
`normal'
(Font)                  OT1/cmss/m/n --> EU1/cmss/m/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathtt' in version
`normal'
(Font)                  OT1/cmtt/m/n --> EU1/cmtt/m/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `operators' in version
`bold'
(Font)                  EU1/cmr/m/n --> EU1/cmr/bx/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathrm' in version
`bold'
(Font)                  EU1/cmr/m/n --> EU1/cmr/bx/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathit' in version
`bold'
(Font)                  OT1/cmr/bx/it --> EU1/cmr/bx/it on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathsf' in version
`bold'
(Font)                  OT1/cmss/bx/n --> EU1/cmss/bx/n on input line 3.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathtt' in version
`bold'
(Font)                  OT1/cmtt/m/n --> EU1/cmtt/bx/n on input line 3.
\c at zf@famc@"[C:/Resources/Fonts/Linotype/Kalligraphia/
KalligraphiaLTStd.otf]"=\
count87
Package fontspec Info: Defining font family for ""[C:/Resources/Fonts/
Linotype/
Kalligraphia/KalligraphiaLTStd.otf]"" with options [] on input line 4.
Package fontspec Info: \font is ""[C:/Resources/Fonts/Linotype/
Kalligraphia/Kal
ligraphiaLTStd.otf]"/ICU:" on input line 4.
Package fontspec Info: \font is ""[C:/Resources/Fonts/Linotype/
Kalligraphia/Kal
ligraphiaLTStd.otf]"/B/ICU:" on input line 4.
Package fontspec Info: \font is ""[C:/Resources/Fonts/Linotype/
Kalligraphia/Kal
ligraphiaLTStd.otf]"/I/ICU:" on input line 4.
Package fontspec Info: \font is ""[C:/Resources/Fonts/Linotype/
Kalligraphia/Kal
ligraphiaLTStd.otf]"/BI/ICU:" on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for EU1+"[C: on
input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    No file EU1"[C:.fd. on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    Font shape `EU1/"[C:/Resources/Fonts' undefined
(Font)              using `EU1/lmr/m/n' instead on input line 4.
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
l.6 ...otype/Kalligraphia/KalligraphiaLTStd.otf]"}

?

Things still work fine in Plain TeX.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.