[XeTeX] ``Peace on Earth'' again

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Oct 12 15:33:43 CEST 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Yves Codet wrote:

> If the French version is supposed to translate Luke 2, 14, it's not
> accurate. It should be "Paix sur la terre aux hommes de bonne
> volonté". What kind of source do you want? I have no French
> translation of  the New Testament at hand (I don't really need any),
> but anybody who knows Latin would translate like that, I think.

As I'd later noted, I was just as interested in new, personal
translations as well as in old, traditional ones. Sorry I forgot that
up-front (maybe next year I'll get this right, hopefully this year
I'll actually get it done).

I'll add yours as the traditional French.

Thanks! (and again, thanks to everyone else who contributed --- you
all do know you'll be mentioned on the card somehow, right? I'm
thinking w/ the increase in translations and the varying fonts I'll
be needing to use I'm probably going to use some sort of colour
coding in addition to position.)

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.