[XeTeX] ``Peace on Earth'' again

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Thu Oct 12 15:24:03 CEST 2006

Hello.

Le 10 oct. 06 à 21:31, William Adams a écrit :

> Well, the holiday season is approaching once more, and I'm planning
> on re-visiting my ``Peace on Earth'' card and would like even more
> translations if possible.
>
> You can see a list of the languages I have thus far here:
>
> http://members.aol.com/willadams/portfolio/typography/peaceonearth.pdf
>
> If you'd like to offer a different translation in one of the
> languages already represented, or are aware of a different
> translation (w/ source attribution please) I'd be grateful for that
> as well.

If the French version is supposed to translate Luke 2, 14, it's not
accurate. It should be "Paix sur la terre aux hommes de bonne
volonté". What kind of source do you want? I have no French
translation of  the New Testament at hand (I don't really need any),
but anybody who knows Latin would translate like that, I think.

Regards,

Yves