[XeTeX] Fonts for (Xe)TeX use

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Oct 9 16:36:55 CEST 2006

Le 9 oct. 06 à 16:22, Will Robertson a écrit :

> On 09/10/2006, at 20:57 , Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Something I had forgotten: OS X won't normally let you select
>> these directories, which are normally hidden. (By default, one
>> can't get inside a .app application bundle).
>
> You can also right click on the application (grrrr, hidden menu
> items that don't exist!) and select "Show package contents" to see
> what's inside.

Yes, that's what I normally use from the Finder. (And it's even
simpler with a right-click on the Mighty Mouse with the brand new
MacPro I just got :-)

But you can't use this AFAIK when presented with the file opening
dialog from within an application: here, in Font Book, when you have
created a new Library using File > New Library (Cmd-Alt-N) and click
on the "+" button to add fonts to this library. I had heard about the
"/" trick somewhere (maybe on the OS X TeX list), but then forgotten
about it; it was recently pointed to my attention by Rowland
McDonnell, in relation to ManOpen.

Bruno