[XeTeX] libkpathsea not found when compiling xdvipdfmx on OS X (Intel)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Oct 6 15:14:47 CEST 2006

Am 06.10.2006 um 14:25 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> configure: error: kpathsea library not found

Did you upgrade Xcode to a version that can handle universal
binaries, 2.2 at least I think (recent is 2.4)? The command 'file /
usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a' reveals:

libkpathsea.a: Mach-O fat file with 2 architectures
libkpathsea.a (for architecture ppc):      current ar archive
libkpathsea.a (for architecture i386):     current ar archive random
library

The config.log and config.status files the build-xetex script creates
do not seem as helpful as in other software to me, so I do not know
an easy way to retrieve more information on this. You could edit the
script runConfigure.sh and change line # 33 to start with 'sh -x '
and then follows the remainder '../configure ...'. This way, when
invoking build-xetex, you might be able to see the commands that fail
and lead to the error message.

Don't forget to check your PATH setting! Make sure that either only
Apple Xcode utilities or only DarwinPorts utilities (libtool,
libtoolize, aclocal, autoconf, automake, ...) are used. A mixture of
both worlds might produce failures.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine print
taketh away.