[XeTeX] using cm math symbols with xetex

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Oct 6 09:29:15 CEST 2006

"Friedman, Joshua" <Friedmanj at USMMA.EDU> writes:

> I just discovered XeTex. I have it working for non-math text, but for
> math text I am having a little trouble. For example, things like
> square roots work, but something like \sum_{n=1}^j doesn't typeset.
> Also, things like \epsilon, and \pi don't seem to work.
>
> Does anyone of a sample math-filled file (with the proper headers)
> that works. If so, could you please email it to me.

I think it would be more useful if you could show us a minimal example
of what did not work for you. For example

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
$\sum_{n=1}^j, \epsilon,  \pi$
\end{document}

works without problems with xelatex. The same for

$\sum_{n=1}^j, \epsilon,  \pi$
\bye

together with the plain format.

cheerio