[XeTeX] ArabXeTeX pre-release

Anas Ghrab anas.ghrab at saramusik.org
Tue Nov 28 16:38:13 CET 2006

I'm very interrested with ArabXeTeX as I have problems with ArabTeX
(for ex. footnotes). I didn't use XeTeX a lot but I follow its
evolution so I do not know exactly how to install the package. All is
installed on my OS X using the i-installer. I never got problems to
install packages for LaTeX. But for ArabXeTeX I got :

This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.99b (Web2C 7.5.3)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt xetex.fmt
fmtutil: format directory `/Users/anas/Library/texmf/web2c' does not
exist.
I can't find the format file `xetex.fmt'!

I do not really know where to place the files. I just placed them
somewhere I found existing *.map. There are ones for font folder, but
where to place the *.map of the source folder ?

Thanks for your help and for the package,
سلامات

---
Anas Ghrab