[XeTeX] OpenType ligatures

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 17:15:23 CET 2006

Hello,

I am working on an OpenType font with many ligatures
(even contextual ligatures). I am using george
William's
excellent FontForge fort editor and the generated font
work just fine with gedit, but XeTeX seems to
recognize
only the simple ligatures, not the contextual.
Specifically, the font is a Greek language font and I
have a double lambda ligature, which XeTeX has no
problem with. But when I am using a contextual
ligature that
maps a kappa iota that is preceded by a space and
followed by a space to uni03D7, then ligature
mechanism
is not working. Is it possible that somehow XeTeX
cannot handle such ligatures? I am using the following
command
in LaTeX file to enable the font

\fontspec[Ligatures=Contextual,Script=Greek]{[philokalia-regular]}

Any help would be really appreciated it.

Kind regards,

Apostolos

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) co                   *
*phone num.: +30-2541-028704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *