[XeTeX] Devanagari MT in source files

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Fri Nov 17 13:43:09 CET 2006

Hello.

This is marginally related to XeteX, sorry about this.

I have a bad display of "r + consonant + (explicit) vowel" with
Devanagari MT in source files. For instance if I type:
	कार्यम् (i.e. का र् यम् without spaces)
it's correct, but if I type:
	कार्याणि (i.e. का र् याणि)
a rectangle appears between का and र्, as if some glyph was
missing (I can see that it's not the case in Mail.app). It happens
both with TextEdit and TeXShop, but XeTeX's output is quite normal,
so it's no encoding issue. I can suppress this if I choose the option
"no ligature" in TextEdit but of course I lose some conjuncts. I
don't know where the problem is, with the font or with the
applications. Any solution? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yves