[XeTeX] xelatex & MnSymbol

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 8 16:04:22 CET 2006

Am 08.11.2006 um 12:02 schrieb Sebastian Hanigk:

> As far as I know, xelatex uses the Computer Modern math fonts,
> regardless of the text fonts set via the fontspec package or am I
> mistaken?

At least on Mac OS X that's the default behaviour. On other OS'
xdvipdfmx uses the installed fonts to fetch the glyphs from + good
old TeX fonts – although that's possible on Mac OS X, too, the real
problem is with math. TeX math does not use Unicode encoded fonts.

Two years ago Will Robertson released xeuler for XeTeX. He patched
euler.sty and created FD and MAP file fragments. Maybe you could do
the same with Minion ... A general solution seems to be in work. For
example to use the STIX math fonts. Or to use Unicode math characters
from beyond the Basic Multilingual PANE (BMP), i.e. beyond U+FFFF.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Eat the rich -- the poor are tough and stringy.