[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 32, Issue 6

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar chandra at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 8 01:38:48 CET 2006

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 07.11.2006 um 16:59 schrieb R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar:
>
>> One question, though.  Do the Latin Modern fonts have the glyphs
>> specific for
>> Romanized Sanskrit diacritical marks like:
>>
>> ṛ ṝ ḷ ṭ ṭh ḍ ḍh ṇ ṣ ṅ ṃ ḥ
>
> Could you give us the Unicode positions or their names? I think I cannot
> search for ṛ in FontBook ... Can it be that it works in FontForge?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete
>
> The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for
> lists of "Ten Best".
>                                      -- H. Allen Smith

Certainly.

I have used gucharmap and a font like DejaVu Serif to view the Latin portion to
get these descriptions:

ḍ       U+1E0D  Latin small letter d with dot below
ḥ       U+1E25  Latin small letter h with dot below
ṃ       U+1E43  Latin small letter m with dot below
ṇ       U+1E47  Latin small letter n with dot below
ṭ       U+1E6D  Latin small letter t with dot below
ṛ       U+1E5B  Latin small letter r with dot below
ṝ       U+1E5D  Latin small letter r with dot below and macron
ḷ       U+1E37  Latin small letter l with dot below
ḹ       U+1E39  Latin small letter l with dot below and macron
ṅ       U+1E45  Latin small letter n with dot above

Thank you.

Chandra
08 Nov 06