[XeTeX] Getting some errors after update

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 6 20:58:31 CET 2006

Am 04.11.2006 um 21:10 schrieb Jon Breitenbucher:

> The second error seems to be with hdvipdfm.def which must have been
> updated in the teTeX update. I then moved to the new TeXLive setup
> and have the same error. This one I have no real clue on and it
> happens even when using pdfTeX.
>
> *hyperref using driver hdvipdfm*
> (/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/hyperref/hdvipdfm.def))
> ! Missing = inserted for \ifnum.
> <to be read again>
> l.25

This would only make sense when using xdvipdfmx as convertor for XDV
to PDF. It looks as if your installation of XeTeX is incomplete, or
you have been confused by using [dvipdfm] or [dvipdfmx] as option for
this or that package. Usually such an option is obsolete ... but I
seem to remember  that hyperref uses the dvipdfm model for XeTeX, too.

One thing is certain: RequireXeTeX is defined in ifxetex.sty. If this
file is missing it might explain your first error – but shouldn't
XeTeX complain about the missing file first? Or do you have an old
ifxetex.sty file? (Mine is from middle of August.)

In case this second error persists, can you give us an example your
code?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete