[XeTeX] xetex & lyx (latex)

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Fri Nov 3 08:09:28 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 15:47 -0500, William Adams wrote:

> > What about using 'old' TeX & Type1 fonts?
>
> There's some support for this, but I don't track it, since when
> that's needed for me, pdftex is usually a better choice.

I see.

However, I'm not aware of big choice of free OTF fonts, while present
LyX has problem when I mix languages - eg. there is no macron accent
(needed for eg- a-macron in Sanskrit transliteration) in latin-2
encoding (needed for Croatian language), so I end up with ugly monsters
on LyX's screen. That's why I'm looking so eagerly at XeTeX to end this
problems of non-US users for ever :-)

> One of these was Gentium if memory serves which has quite good
> language support.

I played with Gentium while considering ConTeXt, but reverted back to
LyX/LaTeX.

> Let me know if there's a place I should send feedback cogitating for
> this.

I used lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org avaialable on Gmane.

Is somebody working in providing some more docs for running XeTeX with
LaTeX package?

Sincerely,
Gour