[XeTeX] Posters in Xe(La)TeX

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Nov 1 22:40:28 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

On 02/11/2006, at 8:11 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 01.11.2006 um 21:21 schrieb Ross Moore:
>
>> No special settings are needed in the (Xe)LaTeX job,
>> except perhaps to reduce the margins and increase
>> the \textwidth and \textheight .
>
> You do not reduce the text size to a handful points or less? DIN A0
> is 16 times the size of DIN A4 (exactly 1 m² or almost 11 sq ft). And

No; unless I'm badly mistaken,
it's 16 x the Area, so only 4 x the linear dimension.

Sure, you may wish to fiddle with the font-sizes a bit,
but using  \tiny, \scriptsize, \small, \normalsize, \large  etc.
gives quite a bit of variation.

I'm assuming you don't use bitmapped fonts, else yes
you do have a problem that needs to be typeset for the
final printing size.

> the magnification is applied to text, too ...

Exactly.
So a 10pt font gets printed as 40pt.  Perfect.

> --
> Greetings
>
>               ~  O
>               ~  O  o