[XeTeX] Posters in Xe(La)TeX

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Nov 1 21:21:15 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

On 01/11/2006, at 11:58 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 01.11.2006 um 11:40 schrieb Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill:
>
>> I would like to make an A0 size poster using Xe(La)TeX

> 	xelatex -papersize=a0 -no-pdf <file name>
> 	xdv2pdf -p a0 <file name>
>
> If this finally fails too – then we'll have to wait for a tourist's
> answer!

A poster is just an ordinary-sized document,
printed at a larger size.

When I need a poster, I just prepare it at A4 size
and print at A0 or A1, by magnifying appropriately
in the print-dialog of the software that sends the
job to the poster-printer.

No special settings are needed in the (Xe)LaTeX job,
except perhaps to reduce the margins and increase
the \textwidth and \textheight .

> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete
>
> To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists
> solutions
> are things that are still all mixed up.

Hope this helps,

	Ross