[XeTeX] XeTeX compile error in Gentoo Linux

오인수 erdos.cs at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:58:18 CEST 2006

Your idea is correct. When I commented out hungarian and Serbian
using texconfig-sys, I could successfully install xetex in my Gentoo box
without error.
I think that all installation problem in Gentoo is clear and what I have to
do is
to use xetex in making documents.
Thank you.

In-Soo Oh

2006/5/30, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org>:

> On 30 May 2006, at 1:34 am, 오인수 wrote:
>
> > With your patch, I could successfully rebuild xetex system in my
> > Gentoo box.
> > However, when I executed 'xetex -ini  -jobname=xelatex -
> > progname=xelatex *xelatex.ini'
> > in build time, I had same error about hungarian hyphenation
> > patterns and
> > Serbian Cyrillic Hyphenation Patterns. Odd things is that by using
> > texconf program,
> > I already have commented out these language(see below) .
> > After installation, when I executed 'xetex -ini  -jobname=xelatex -
> > progname=xelatex * xelatex.ini' again
> > no errors are occurred.
>
> This suggests that you might have two versions of the LaTeX
> configuration (in particular, language.dat) on your system, perhaps a
> "system-wide" copy and a "personal" copy, and xetex is finding
> different ones depending where it is installed, or perhaps depending
> which user runs it (root or your normal non-root username, for example).
>
> Does your Gentoo TeX system include both texconfig and texconfig-sys?
> If so, the first is for modifying a personal configuration, and the
> second is for system-wide configuration, and you'll probably find
> they are set up differently, with Hungarian and Serbian enabled in
> one and disabled in the other.
>
> JK

|  In Soo, Oh(오인수, 吳仁秀)                              |
|  On-site Operation Team                                 |
|  Address: SK u-Tower, 25-1, Jeongja-dong,      |
|  Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 463-844, Korea      |
|  TEL: 82-2-6400-4083 (02-6400-4083)                 |
|  FAX: 82-2-6400-0256 (02-6400-0256)                 |
|  e-mail: erdos.cs at gmail.com                          |
|  mobile: 82-10-9083-4493 (010-9083-4493)           |