[XeTeX] XeTeX compile error in Gentoo Linux

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon May 29 16:02:55 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

> IIRC, I was also a bit nervous of relying on the location of
> texmf.cnf as there seem to be multiple texmf.cnf files, and I didn't
> have a good grasp of the implications of this.... e.g., on my Mac OS
> X system, "kpsewhich texmf.cnf" and "kpsewhich --format='web2c files'
> texmf.cnf" find different files.

On my system this does find the same file. However, the paths used to
find it are different. Compare

kpsewhich --show-path='web2c files'

with

kpsewhich --show-path=cnf

AFAIK it is the latter path which is used to locate texmf.cnf. For
reference, this path is also defined in texmf.cnf as TEXMFCNF.

cheerio
ralf