[XeTeX] Newbie question re XeTex and BibTeX

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 23:41:08 CEST 2006

On 24/05/2006, at 2:23 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Try using the xunicode package. I should translate the usual `` and
> '' (and other things like -- and ---) to the proper unicode open and
> close double quote characters.

Not exactly, I'm afraid :)
The xunicode package is for obtaining unicode characters through old-
fashioned LaTeX means such as \" for accents and \textdollar for
symbols.

To emulate Computer Modern's ligatures such as `` for “ and --- for
—, you need to load your fonts with the "tex-text" font mapping. This
can be done in fontspec with
   \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{...}

Hope this helps,

Will