[XeTeX] compile xdvipdfmx on Mac OS X (was Re: cmyk colour support broken?)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri May 19 21:41:41 CEST 2006

On 19 May 2006, at 6:53 pm, William Adams wrote:

> On May 19, 2006, at 11:45 AM, William Adams wrote:
>
>> I think I can work within all that --- I'll let you know when I bump
>> into a stumbling block.
>
> That didn't take long:
>
> checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea... no
> configure: error: kpathsea library not found
> This version of dvipdfmx requires the kpathsea library and its
> headers. If
> you know where it is you might try setting the LDFLAGS environment
> variable
> with -L pointing to the directory containing libkpathsea.a.
>
> I updated GW-TeX in i-Installer and made sure cli activation was
> checked --- what else should I do here?

Is there a libkpathsea.a library in /usr/local/teTeX/lib, and a
kpathsea subdirectory in /usr/local/teTeX/include? If so, try running
the configure script using:

	LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/teTeX/lib CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/teTeX/include ./
configure

Or alternatively, you can put symlinks in a standard system place
such as /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include that point to the
library and header directory, so that configure finds them.

If gwTeX doesn't install the library and headers (I'm not 100% sure),
then you'll need to build and install libkpathsea from source; one
way to do this would be to "make install" within the TeX/texk/
kpathsea subdirectory of the XeTeX source tree.