[XeTeX] Failed make XeTeX in Fedora Core 4

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 19 12:32:02 CEST 2006

Le 19 mai 06 à 12:08, Ralf Stubner a écrit :

> This looks as if you have called the usual 'configure && make'.
> According to <URL:http://scripts.sil.org/xetex_linux> you should to
> use
> 'sh build-xetex' (or just build-xetex, if it is executable) instead.
> This works for me on a Debian Sarge system.

The sequence referenced there works also on Mac OS X, after
downloading the latest tarball from <http://scripts.sil.org/svn-
public/xetex/TRUNK> then cd'ing in Terminal to the TRUNK directory:

	sh build-xetex
	sudo sh install-xetex

The script build-xetex builds the 3 programs xetex, xdv2pdf and
T1Wrap, and then the script install-xetex installs them (together
with the script xdv2pdf_mergemarks) at the appropriate places inside
the teTeX tree, updates the file name database ls-R then creates the
formats xetex.fmt and xelatex.fmt.

Works fine here, I just tried the procedure again to see how 0.992
was performing with respect to \XeTeXuseglyphmetrics with the changed
default value 1. Only problem was, the fan of my 1 GHz 17" PowerBook
G4 has been spinning like mad during most of the compilation.

Bruno Voisin