[XeTeX] \XeTeXuseglyphmetrics (was Re: Re: [OS X TeX] gtamacfonts ligatures: PDF searchability)

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 00:14:45 CEST 2006

On 18/05/2006, at 3:55 , Jonathan Kew wrote:

> A question: should \XeTeXuseglyphmetrics=1 be set in xetex.fmt and
> xelatex.fmt as a default, do you think?

I vote for enabling it by default to more accurately match what TeX
does and to get better results. \lineskiplimit problems have caused a
fair amount of confusion in the past. If it takes longer to process,
then so be it. Backwards compatibility problems are (a) easy to fix,
and (b) explainable by saying "XeTeX isn't v1 yet :)".

Will