[XeTeX] LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `U' for symbol font

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri May 12 22:23:20 CEST 2006

On May 12, 2006, at 2:43 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> No, this is going down the wrong track.

I would beg to differ given that....

> I think the current Mac XeTeX installer must include an older version
> of fontspec -- I fixed this annoying warning up (well, hid it) in the
> last released version.

Rather than hiding it, wouldn't doing a proper utfenc.def file fix
it? Would it afford any other advantages? Perhaps address some other
of the encoding difficulties we've been having?

> I think.

Correctly.

> Can you check to see if you're using
> v1.9?

Your surmise was spot on, and the mactex I had to use (on this Mac,
while waiting for my own to come back from the shop) included an old
version --- up-dating to 1.9 eliminated the error from the log file.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.